Monday, August 16, 2010

Two years old

Dear Dylan,

I can not believe you are two years old today. I know everyone says that the time really does go fast after you have children and now I know what they are talking about. It seems like just yesterday we brought you home from the hospital and wondered what we would do to get through the night (although not so much the past week). A lot has changed since we first brought you home. Now you sleep from 8pm to 7am, I never thought that would happen. You love to go outside (you always have, even when you were a little baby) if you can be outside hitting golf balls, riding your bike or playing in your sandbox you are happy. You love to help around the house and help water plants and just play in the water. You are getting better at playing nicely with the cats. Peek-a-boo is your favorite cat to play with and pet. You've just learned how to say "Pepper". When you see Kobe you say "Bee, Bee, Bee, Yo, Yo, Yo" and run after her, she doesn't enjoy this, but you do and it makes Dad and I laugh.

You love playing with other kids, but you also have starting hitting other kids. Your Dad and I are trying to teach you that you shouldn't hit other people, but so far it isn't working too well. We are really hoping this phase passes quickly. You are such a sweet and friendly boy most of the time, you love to say Hi to everyone you see when we are out shopping.

You also have a lot to say, it amazes me everyday to hear all the words you are saying and sentences you are putting together. You've almost got Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Baa Baa Black Sheep and The ABC's down. You also really like to sing and act out "The Wheels on the Bus".

Two of your favorite things right now are fire trucks and horses. When I take you to daycare in the morning I make sure we drive past either the horses that are just off Kingston Pike or the Fire Station on Parkside Drive. After we pass the Fire trucks or horses you always say "more fire truck" or "more neigh" (you don't say horse, just what the horse says "neigh").

Soon you'll be sleeping in a big boy bed, potty training and riding a bike. I'm looking forward to every minute if it. I'm trying to do a better job of taking the time to sit and play with you instead of trying to get a million things done around the house. I promise I'll get better at that, I do have lots of fun playing games with you.



I can't wait to see what the next year will bring for us.



Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment