Friday, November 5, 2010

New camera

Dave got me a new camera for my birthday!*

So, we searched around on the internet for a while comparing cameras before we actually purchased the camera. One thing we were looking for in our new camera was one that had a very fast shutter lag time. This is apparently different than shutter speed and also rather difficult to find in the camera specs since it can be measured differently. Our main issue with our old camera was that it took forever to take a photo. And when you have a two year old that moves rather quickly a camera that takes quick photos. What I really wanted was a DSLR camera, but right not that's just not realistic for us . Also knowing people that have them who don't use them because they are big and bulky to carry around is another factor. I certainly don't want an expensive camera that I don't use.

We ended up buying a Cannon PowerShot 1300IS. I haven't had a chance to play with any of the settings on the camera or go through the DVD that shows me how to do all that yet. But overall it seems to be a pretty good little camera. The shutter lag time is much better than our old camera and the photos are also much better. Our old camera photos were pretty washed out. Here are a few photos from the new camera. What do you think?




*Dave thought we needed a new point and shoot camera and since I told him that I didn't want anything for my birthday (just a cookie cake, which I did not get...) he decided that would be a good excuse to get a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment