Sunday, December 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Blossoms

I started my Christmas baking this afternoon! I was going to start by making peppermint bark, but I realized that I bought regular graham crackers instead of chocolate, doh! So instead I started with a favorite of Dave's, Peanut Butter Blossoms. I used the recipe from our family cookbook and my Aunt Janet. The recipe is perfect and the cookies always turn out great! I love that the recipe calls for chocolate stars. I remember when my Grandma would make these cookies she always used chocolate stars. They were perfect for the cookies because they are flatter so you got more chocolate and cookie per bite. I always look for the chocolate stars at the store, but can never find them. I need to remember to look at Mast General Store next time we go and see if they are in the "nostalgic" candy section.

I will be baking all this week, so stay tuned for more recipes!
DSC_0027
The recipe
DSC_0017
What you will need + salt
DSC_0021
Butter vanilla isn't required, but it's awesome for baking. I got it for my birthday from Melea  along with some truffle oil  I have yet to try. If you see this Butter vanilla buy it, you won't be disappointed!
DSC_0022
Do you like my mixer? My mom gave it to me when I was in college and it was old then, it's old now, but it still works great. I do have a kitchen aid standing mixer (thanks Mom!) but I can't keep it on my counter top, so I don't use it very often. Which is what my Mom said would happen, see, Mom IS always right!
DSC_0031
The finished product! I love how the kisses get all shiny after being in the oven for a few minutes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment