Monday, September 26, 2011

My marathon

My marathon was on Saturday, and while it was different than the ones Dave runs, it was still a long day! I was on a baking marathon! Cooking and baking are my favorite ways to spend the day. I've really got to find a way to turn that into a career.

I made pumpkin doughnuts (from leftover frozen dough), petite lasagnas, apricot basil chicken salad, petite spinach and red pepper quiches, and peanut butter frozen yogurt. The chicken salad and petite lasagnas were for friends of ours and the rest of the food is for us! Everything turned out really good, it was my first time trying all of the recipes. I didn't take pictures, but here are links to all of the recipes.

Petite Lasagna
Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
Apricot Basil Chicken Salad
Pumpkin Doughnuts
Egg, Red Pepper & Spinach Quiche Cups - I did deviate from this recipe and just kind of used it as a base idea for what I wanted to make. I used spinach, red pepper, Monterrey jack cheese, 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites, franks red hot and salt and pepper. The quiche cups came out of the oven so beautiful and puffy looking, but quickly deflated :( They are still awesome though, and a perfect quick breakfast.

I decided to continue my cooking marathon on Sunday, breakfast was Dutch Apple Baby and dinner was a twist on one of Dave's favorites, chilies rellenos. I do want to try and make the "real" chilies rellenos some time, but after a marathon weekend of baking and cooking I took the easy route on Sunday and made The Pioneer Woman's Lazy Chilies Rellenos. This would also make an excellent southwestern style breakfast. Other than it being a little watery from the green chilies the recipe turned out great. It was easy to alleviate the watery problem by cutting the rellenos into pieces and letting them drain on a paper towel for a minute before serving.

What did you cook or bake over the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment