Friday, October 26, 2012

Children's Museum of Oak Ridge

When my mom visited us in July she took Dylan to the Children's Museum of Oak Ridge. I hadn't even heard of the museum until we got a coupon for a free childrens entry at the Farragut 4th of July parade. I looked the museum up online and it looked like a place Dylan would love. And I was right, he did, he talked about it for days after he went with Grandma and still remembered it when I asked him if he wanted to go again this past weekend.
He loves the life size dollhouse, train, and rocket rooms. There is really stuff to do for kids of all ages and adults. The museum is in an old elementary school building and is huge. I would definitely recommend if you have kids and live in the Knoxville/Oak Ridge/East TN area to plan a visit!


DSC_0019
Checking out the rocket
DSC_0003
One of my favorite signs/billboards from when Oak Ridge was the "Secret City".
DSC_0005
"Hello, Grandma?"
DSC_0010
Putting on a puppet show...
DSC_0013
Making lunch in the dollhouse kitchen
DSC_0015
The back of the dollhouse. 
DSC_0016
It's perfectly child size. Dylan opening the door at the dollhouse. 
DSC_0018
The train engine just outside of the train room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment