Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chicago friends and family

I leave for Chicago tomorrow and can't wait! It will be great to see friends I haven't seen in a while and also my sister and her husband. We have a big weekend planned, dinner on Friday night and a show at Second City with one of my best and oldest (and by oldest I mean I've known her for over 15 years, she would certainly correct me on this since I am 7 months older than she is) friends Sarah. Saturday Sarah and I are heading to Indiana to meet up with our friend Sandra, another high school friend to go boating and catch up. Allison (yet another high school friend) will also be driving from Iowa to Indiana to meet up with us for a mini-baby shower that Sandra is throwing for her. And after work our friend Beth is also coming to Sandra's for Allison's shower (Beth is yet another high school friend).
(ASIDE, there are 8 of us that have been friends since high school and we are now living all over the country, CA, FL, TN, IL and IA, so it's rather difficult for us all to get together, but amazingly after 15 years of living in different parts of the country we are still friends!)
Sunday I am heading over to see my sister Dana and her husband Paul (and cat Charlie) in their new house in Irving Park. They moved back to the states from London last October and we did see them at Christmas, but it will be fun to see their new house and neighborhood. Sunday evening has us heading to the Sting concert at Ravinia, an outdoor concert venue in Chicago.
And Monday I fly back to K-town. I know it's going to be a whirlwind of a trip, which will be good. It will keep my mind of leaving Dylan for the first time overnight. I know his daddy will take very good care of him so I shouldn't have anything to worry about. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment