Thursday, July 1, 2010

Obsession


Saturday Dylan and I made our usual trip to the Market Square Farmer's Market and came home with TOMATOES! I can not tell you how excited I was to see tomatoes at the farmers market. One of my favorite dishes is fresh tomatoes with fresh mozzarella, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, it's out of this world! My tomatoes in the garden are just starting to turn, so we'll have a few more weeks of purchasing the farmers market tomatoes to satisfy my tomato and mozzarella obsession. I really do like trying different varieties of tomatoes and the farmers market usually does not disappoint.

I am growing Red Beefsteak, Celebrity and Brandywine tomatoes in my garden. I love the big slicing tomatoes, they seem to go best with the mozzarella and toppings. They are also excellent for another summer favorite, BLT's!

No comments:

Post a Comment