Monday, January 17, 2011


We had a great time on our cruise! It was a lot of work wrangling Dylan, but overall he did really good and had fun too! It also helped to have family to help us out.

Here's a quick look at our trip.

We set sail from the Port of Miami at 4pm last Monday.

Our first stop was Tuesday morning at Nassau, The Bahamas. Dave, Dylan and I, the Grandmas and Kyle and Amie too a cab over to Atlantis to check out the aquarium, casino and hotel.
 We also went to the beach in Nassau. Dylan had a great time playing in the sand and water. The rest of us had fun relaxing in the sun and enjoying a few adult beverages!

Tuesday night's dinner on the cruise was formal night so we all got dressed up for dinner. Before dinner we had cocktail hour in Dana and Paul's balcony suite.
It was also Carolyn's birthday on Tuesday and we were all expecting her to be surprised by cake and singing at dinner, but Kyle had a surprise for all of us...

Amie was surprised too! And she said YES!!
It was a lucky night for Kyle, he won the slot tournament in the casino too!

Wednesday we were moored just off Carnival's private island, Half Moon Cay. We had perfect weather for our day at the beach and everyone took advantage of the great weather to work on their tans and play in the sand and water!
  Dylan even got buried in the sand!
Thursday brought us to Grand Turk. It was a little cloudy and rainy, but we still managed to do some exploring on the island.

Dana and Paul, Kyle and Amie and Dave and I also took a snorkeling trip while we were in Grand Turk. One of our guides caught a sting ray at our first stop and at our second stop we saw a barracuda in addition to all of the gorgeous tropical fish and the reef.

The final day of our cruise was At Sea, and it was windy and cloudy, but it made for a great sunset!
 After we got off the ship on Saturday we headed to Miami Beach and Collins Ave where we found a street festival and park for Dylan to play at. Saturday night was spent relaxing at the hotel. Sunday, Carolyn, Kyle and Amie headed to the airport for their flight back to Omaha and Dave, Dylan and I went to Bayside Marketplace near the Port of Miami to shop and have lunch. Dylan loved the mac & cheese at Bubba Gumps!
  On our way back to the airport we made a stop in Ft. Lauderdale for one final visit to the beach.

We got home late last night due to our flight being delayed. It was a great trip and we were happy that our families could join us!

1 comment:

  1. Good wrap up Becca! It was a great trip being together.